The Stone Mountain Memorial Association strives to offer employment opportunities to the most qualified applicant.
Both full and part-time positions are available. Our full-time positions have an outstanding benefit package. Part-time positions are on an as needed basis and do not have benefits associated with them.
Applications may be submitted at any time and will be kept on file for six months from the time they are received, should a position become available.
In order to file an employment application on the website, first download an application by clicking on the brown button below. Then save the application to your desktop.
When you have completed and saved the completed application then, on the employment page enter your name, email address and home address.
Then in the section (Attach your Application Below) Choose your completed employment application from your computer and upload it on the website.
Primarily, we hire:
- Police Officers – Full-time and Part-time
- Rangers – Part-time
- Custodians – Full-time and Part-time
Current Open Positions:
Communications Officer (Full-Time)
POSTING DATE: August 16,2019
POSTING DEADLINE: August 30, 2019
JOB TITLE: Communications Officer (Full-Time)
STARTING SALARY: Pay Grade 12
DEPARTMENT: Public Safety
LOCATION: Public Safety Headquarters (2027 Old Hugh Howell Road)
GENERAL NATURE OF DUTIES: Under the supervision of the Fire Rescue Division Captain. The Communications Operator will answer incoming telephone calls for public safety services, communicate via radio with field units, operate the Department’s NCIC/GCIC computer network, input call data into the Department’s Management information computer system, monitor building and cash control video systems, and monitor satellite weather radio.
1. Must be a citizen of the United States.
2. Must be at least 19 years of age.
3. Must have a valid Georgia Drivers’ License.
4. Must be able to read, speak, and write the English language.
5. Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
6. Must be able to pass a drug screening test, and physical exam/physical agility test.
7. Must be able to pass a polygraph assessment and psychological screening.
8. Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
9. Must be able to lift 20+ pounds.
10. Must be able to work in all kinds of weather.
11. Must be able to work any shift, weekends, nights, holidays and overtime.
12. Must be able to perform in emergency situations.
13. Must be able to meet all requirements for Communications Operator certification by Georgia P.O.S.T
14. Must be able to obtain GCIC Full Terminal operator certification within 45 days of hire.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Georgia POST Communications Operator Certification (or obtain within 6 months).
2. GCIC Full Terminal Agency Operator Certification (or obtain within 45 days of hire).
3. Excellent working knowledge of computers and their programs.
4. Public Safety Communications experience.
THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL RECORDS, EMPLOYMENT, AND BACKGROUND CHECKS. IT IS ALSO SUBJECT TO PHYSICAL AND DRIVER HISTORY AS WELL AS A DRUG SCREENING.
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO: All qualified applicants.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Qualified applicants must go in person to the Stone Mountain Memorial Association Personnel Office (located at Confederate Hall, 2003 Robert E. Lee Blvd.) and complete the required application no later than the posting deadline above.
Current DPS employees may submit a memo of interest to the Chief of Police & Fire.
STONE MOUNTAIN MEMORIAL ASSOCIATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Download Employment Application Package